White River Lodge Grilled Duck with Cara Cara Oranges
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 5 hrs 30 mins
Try this recipe with any game bird.
- 1 whole duck Muscovy or wild duck
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1 tbs. Far Out Feather Dust Sportsman's Table Item # MG111
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Pour the vinegar, soy sauce, oil and garlic into a large, gallon zip lock bag. Rinse duck in cold water and pat dry. Split the duck into halves. Score the skin in a crisscross pattern and rub the Far Out Feather Dust on both sides of the duck. Put the duck in the zip lock bag and marinate for at least two hours. Heat grill and using the high setting sear both sides of the duck. Reduce the temperature to medium high and grill for 10 min. on each side until cooked to medium. If the duck is under cooked when you bring it in, finish it in the oven at 350 degrees F. Serve with fresh oranges, navel, cara cara, or blood oranges are our favorite. Alternate meats for this recipe are turkey, chicken, quail, and pheasant.