Sweet Spicy Venison Meatballs will really please your family. Something different and something familiar all in one delicious and easy to prepare dinner! Be careful how much heat you add to this recipe. Habanero peppers are about four times as hot as jalapeno peppers. We love this especially with fresh peppers from the garden. Long hot yellow peppers are great in this recipe too. We have also made this with chili peppers. Basically any kind of peppers you want to use will work. Just be careful how much heat you add. Add it slowly. You can always make it hotter! However, once the heat is in a recipe, it is very hard to adjust it down. Most good chefs will taste test as they prepare a recipe. Don’t rush so much you forget to try it. This is part of the joy of cooking. The other consideration for this recipe is how fast venison cooks. Do not forget ground venison cooks faster than ground beef. It is very lean and tastes best on the rare side. Do not overcook your meatballs or they will not taste tender, juicy and delicious.
Sweet Spicy Venison Meatballs
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
This meatball recipe works just as well with beef, turkey and chicken.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground venison or beef
- 1/2 packet Meatball Seasoning mix Sportsman's Table Item #CYC1905
- 1 egg
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz. Merlot Fine Wine Jelly Sportsman's Table Item #MWJ01
- 1 tsp. habanero or jalapeno peppers chopped fine depending on your taste for heat
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Mix ground vension with egg and meatball seasoning mix. Place in a large sauce pan and begin to brown over medium-low heat. In a separate bowl, mix mushroom soup and merlot wine jelly (add additional mushrooms if desired). Add mushroom wine sauce to the pan and begin to heat while finishing to cook the meatballs. Sprinkle in hot peppers immediately. Cook approx. 10 min on low heat. Serve over noodles or rice.