Brown Dog Burrito Filling
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Venison Burritos are amazing…easy to do and excellent to eat!
- 1 lb. ground venison beef, chicken or turkey can be used as well
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub Sportsman's Table Item #MG110
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbs. adobo sauce from one can of chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 chipolte pepper, chopped from can of chipolte peppers in adobo sauce
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until simmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 min. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in ground venison (or beef) and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, (be extra careful not to over cook meat if using venison, it has very little fat, cooks fast, and will get tough if overcooked) about 2-5 min. Stir in tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and Brown Dog Riba- Riba (Sportsman's Table Item #MG110) spice blend. Simmer uncovered until thickened, about 10 min. Season with salt to taste. Use as a filling in soft or hard taco shells or flour tortillas.
No comments yet.