Tasty Venison Roast Seasoning Rub Meal
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs 30 mins
- Ready In: 11 hrs 40 mins
This meal is perfect with a nice, fresh crusty bread.
- 1.5 lb. venison roast we used front shoulder and slow cooked it on the bone
- 2 tbs. Venison Roast and Seasoning Rub Sportsman's Table Item #CY3627
- 2 tbs. Merlot Fine Wine Jelly Sportsman's Table Item #MWJ01
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbs. corn starch
- Dice vegetables to desired size, we cut about 1-1.5 inch chunks. Mix water, Venison Roast Seasoning Rub, and Merlot Fine Wine Jelly thoroughly and pour over the rest of ingredients in the crock pot. Stir well. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir several times during cooking if possible. During the last hour of cooking, remove 2-3 tbs. of broth and place in a small dish. Add corn starch to dish mix to a paste. Add this mixture back into crock pot. Stir and cook for last hour to thicken to a nice gravy. Thicken as desired.
No comments yet.