Cheesy Zucchini Pie & Venison is a great comfort food recipe! Makes a great brunch dish. Easy to make ahead and enjoy your guests when entertaining.Share This:
Cheesy Zucchini Pie & Venison
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Cheesy Zucchini Pie & Venison is a great comfort food recipe! Makes a great brunch dish. Easy to make ahead and enjoy your guests …
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 medium zucchini sliced, eggplant works well too!
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 1 large fresh tomato
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Brown ground venison over medium-low heat and set aside. Be sure not to overcook and remove promptly from heat. Saute onions and peppers for three min. over medium-high heat. Add zucchini slices. Saute another 3-4 min. In the meantime, grease a 9 in. pie plate and add the pie crust. Add canned tomatoes (drain at least half of the juice) and fresh or dried dill, basil, oregano and garlic to zucchini mixture. Add browned ground venison. Once heated through, remove and pour into pie plate. Add shredded cheese. Add the top crust. Make four two inch slits in the top of the pie crust. Bake for about 30 min. on 375 degrees.
No comments yet.