Thank you to Sally K. from Newbury OH for sharing your Feisty Catfish Cakes recipe with us. The feisty fish rub is great on not only all kinds of fish but many other foods as well. One of our favorites is feisty fish french fries!Share This:
Feisty Catfish Cakes Recipe
By August 16, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
You can also make these delicious cakes an appetizer. This recipe makes about 14 bite-size catfish cakes.
- 1 lb. catfish fillets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbs. mayonaise add more if they need to stick together better
- 2 tsp. Feisty Fish Rub Sportsman's Table Item #MG105
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crushed round butter crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. canola oil or your desired amount for frying
- Place catfish in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain off water and pat dry. Mash up with a fork and place in a bowl. Add chopped onion, mustard, mayo, Feisty Fish Rub, cracker crumbs and egg. Mix well until blended. Heat enough canola oil to a depth of 1/4 inches. Form mixture into small patties for appetizers or larger ones for entree portions. Form and roll as if a cookie. Flatten and fry in hot oil until golden brown and then flip and fry until golden brown. Drain on towels. Serve with red pepper sauce or your own remoulade sauce if desired.