Venison Snack Sticks are easy to make when using the Venison Snack Stick Kit from Sportsman’s Table! Grab some high temperature cheese and your ground venison from the freezer and get ready to roll on a fun filled family project. Once completed you will have 40 snack sticks to enjoy. If you relally enjoy sausage and snack stick making you might want to purchase a Chop Rite Two Sausage Stuffer #25 from Sportsman’s Table. We also carry the Chop Rite Two Sausage Stuffer #35. This universal stuffing tube kit will also be helpful.Share This:
Venison Snack Sticks
By February 10, 2015Published:
- Yield: 40 sticks (40 Servings)
- Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 7 hrs 30 mins
Venison Snack Sticks are surprisingly easy to make. A fun family project and a great way to use up ground venison in the freezer!
- 8 lbs. ground venison
- 2 lbs. beef or pork fat Variations: 9 lbs of venison and 1 lb. of fat, or 5 lbs. of venison and 5 lbs. of ground beef or pork with 2 lbs of fat
- 1 lb. high temperature cheese Sportsman's Table Item #JC01 and JC02
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Venison Snack Stick Meat Processing Kit Sportsman's Table Item #CY1472
- Grind all meat through a 3/8 in. plate. Mix with cure and seasoning packs in Venison Snack Stick Kit. Add water and mix. Add high temperature cheese. Stuff casings using sausage stuffer (try Chop Rite Two Sausage Stuffers! Sportsman's Table Item Numbers CR25 and CR35) or a grinder with proper stuffing horn/tubes (try our universal stuffing tube kit, Sportsman's Table Item # P082501) in 24" lengths. Twist in the middle to make 2-12" lengths to hang for cooking. Cooking time in the oven is 2-3 hours. Cooking time in a smokehouse is 5 1/2 hours. Detailed instructions are printed on Venison Snack Stick Meat Processing Kit-Sportsman's Table Item #CY1472. This kit makes it easy for a first timer to make great tasting snack sticks. Just be sure you have the right size stuffing horn (3/8"-1/2") for these smaller snack stick casings.