Tomato Egglant Bisque
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 0 min
This is a great starter course to any wild game meal.
- 1 strip bacon cooked and minced
- 1 large onion skinned and rough chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 eggplant skinned and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or tomato juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest minced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions minced
- salt amount to taste
- ground black pepper amount to taste
- In a soup pot, cook bacon and retain the fat. Saute the onions until soft. Add the other ingredients except the salt, pepper, lemon juice and green onions. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook for about 45 min. Season to taste wtih salt and freshly ground pepper. Transfer the soup to a blender and process to juice. Return to the pot and adjust seasonings if necessary. Before serving add lemon juice, transfer to serving bowls and garnish with chopped green onions. This bisque should be thick, adjust to your liking with additional stock, tomato juice or water.
No comments yet.