Smoked Rainbow Trout
By July 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 2 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 6 hrs 0 min
If you have ever had smoked trout, you know it is worth every minute making it.
- 5 12-14" Rainbow Trout cleaned, leave head and tail on
- 3 cups Cherry wood chips Sportsman's Table Item #KLCWC
- 3 cups Apple wood chips Sportsman's Table Item #KLAWC
- 3 tbs. olive or cooking oil
- Mix wood chips together thoroughly in a large bowl and soak for 1 and 1/2 hours in cold water. Prepare and indirect fire of charcoal on each end of the grill. When the charcoal is ready add a small amount of the soaked wood chips. Coat the fish on the outside with a cooking oil and place between the indirect fires. Close the grill cover and maintain a temperature between 225 to 250 degrees for 45-60 min. Periodically add more wood chips. When the fish flake easily they are done. If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in a smoker box and place over the burner.
No comments yet.